Saturday, September 22, 2012

Butterflies in the sky...

This morning I got to the gym early to get a treadmill walk in before boot camp. About one mile, so that was nice. Then headed to the other side of the building for Amazon Amy "I'm going to make you scream and cry in pain so deal with it bitches" workout. Mike was there along with the black couple, whose names I still don't know. Just the four of us... Sweet torture.

Crank cycles, bosu, medicine balls, trx... I made the mistake of looking at the clock only 20 minutes in. Had a pretty rad playlist that I made beforehand, lots of 80s rock and some 90s pop. Black dude sang along to Cheap Trick and Mike was crooned to Prince's "kiss" ... Not expected, but oooookay.

After the hour, we were all drained and sweaty. Got home and hubs decides it is way too pretty outside and we need to go for a bike ride. All right, looks like I'm getting in MORE exercise. We cruised up to Cemetary Hill, then across to the duck pond - which prompts the question, when is it a pond versus a lake? We followed the blue route on the greenbelt for 2 miles, then took a break and made our way back home. I. Was. Exhausted.

Along the ride we talked about dinner knives glued to the front of small motor boats, what kind of fish we would never eat, when a boy changes from a misfit to a hooligan, and Reading Rainbow.

In the ten years I have known Hubster, I never knew that he is ignorant to the sheer awesomeness of the PBS show Reading Rainbow. To say I was shocked is putting it mildly. I hopped on the iPad and showed him the intro, along with a few clips of kids book reports. He asked if the kids really read the books, or if they were actors. Good question! I always thought they were real kids who read the books. I could be wrong.

Then there was a video of Jimmy Fallon singing the song as Morrison of The Doors. Google it. I lost my lunch.

No comments: