Sunday, February 24, 2013

It Isn't Relevant to the Story

In the wee small hours of this morning - 

G: I had a weird dream
Hubster: Oh yeah, what?
G: I was in Oregon and I was getting married-
H: -wait a minute!
G: What?
H: Well, who was the groom?
G: He's not relevant to the story.
H: You're getting married and the groom isn't relevant to the story?
G: No, because I didn't even get to the wedding. Anyway, it was raining and I was in a golf cart and then I went down a chute. 
H: A chute?
G: Yeah, like chutes and ladders. A chute!
H: Okay, then what?
G: The chute spit me out into a pool with a bunch of people who added me to their water polo / dodge ball team-
H: You're all wet and clammy. Appraently you brought the rain out with you from the dream.
G: Dream rain? 
H: That should be your catch phrase... DREAM RAIN!
G: No, people at work already think I'm weird enough. 
H: Okay, fine. Then how about "it isn't relevant to the story."
G: *sigh* 

No comments: