Friday, April 1, 2011

ROUND ELEVEN: Sex With Strangers v Spyder Baybie Raw Dog & 2% Muck


Not quite on bottle number two, but getting close; had a lovely nappins with my boopins this afternoon and approaching my second wind. When I noticed Sex With Strangers was next on the bracket, I had to push on through. Besides, X is off killing foes and wrapped into the warm blanket that is gaming. Why not continue into the drunken stupor of my egotistic rant? I'd like to think I have an audience in my library listening to this with me - although that might be weird since I'm in my Strawberry Shortcake jammies.

1) The Lovers Will Rise Tonight - "Don't complain cause everyone's a winner. When the music stops they won't come around." Guess what I'm downloading to my flash drive for the drive downtown tomorrow? Did I mention that I'm hijacking the Nova for the ride? Oh hells ya. There's nothing sweeter than loud music in a classic car, speeding past the Breeders on the tollway - especially when the 40-something dude in the family wagon glances over to my ass in a car his wife will never let him have. Boo-yah. (And yes, this song is superfantastic.)

2) Dawn of Sexy - If NIN and Depeche Mode made a baby, it might be this song. I wasn't born in 1975, but a certain LA dude who gets Brazilian blowouts, wears MAC, and has a PomPoo named Flash Jordan ... was alive during this year.*

(Would like to note that during this musical interlude, I booked my flight to SFO, rented a Mustang Convertible, and popped open a bottle of Markham Chardonnay. Yeah, I'm that badass. (Can't wait to see my peeps, H, Yustonian and Novella - Hogi, it's going to be epic)

Okay, SWS is already my top choice, let's go ahead and tear a new one into Spyder Baybie...


Spyder Baybie Raw Dog & 2% Muck
myspace.com/SpyderAndMuck

1) Grocery Store - Hand clap. Hand clap. (Rugen is currently getting his lick on with Moocha Poocha Chubba Wubba Fat Boy... that's about the excitement that arises in the Eck Abode for this jam.) Kinda fun, a little chill. Reminds me of getting ready for a night out of debauchery back in 2000, when the door was open on Halloween and who knew might enter into the festivities.

2) S.B.R.D. - Erm, nah. I cannot imagine a drug I would partake in to make this more appetizing. Bad attempt at dubstep. No whammies, no whammies and STOP!

3) Lip Gloss - Great beat for a chickadee who's popped into drunkenness and waiting for the TV to become free for a spliff-filled Finding Nemo escape. Yet still, it's over-produced and the rhymes make me want to NOT "lick upon my.."

AND THE WINNER IS…
No huge surprise, it's Sex With Strangers. (There is more than enough content to create an entire blog for sex with strangers... jump on a EuroRail and we'll talk.)

Congratulations guys, you are still in the running to become the BEST BAND NAME AT 2011 SXSW! Now I shall entertain the opportunity to indulge my mastication upon this crisp beverage, whilst removing said wardrobe trappings, to further my ebullient enjoyment of a night with my love.


Next Up: She Wants Revenge versus Ham Sandwich

* That sounds flaming gay, even to me.

No comments: