Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Music Monday - 9 great picks and I use the word "heard" a bunch

Time to make up for some missed Music Mondays... here's what I'm listening to.

After Midnight – Blink 182
I remember back in the day when it was just Blink; guys taking over my living room, coke cans everywhere, blowing out a speaker, someone making a run to Round Table for pizza, and the chapstick incident.



TV Girl – Baby You Were There
Fun video for a fun song. Wait for the dancing chicken.



Atlas Genius – Trojans
“Change it all but can’t change what we’ve been”



Givers – Up Up Up
I dare you to listen to this song and think depressing thoughts. Go ahead. Try it. You can’t. It’s bouncy and infectious. And boy, does that girl have a powerful voice! She kind of looks like Lindsay Lohan or Emma Stone? Not that it matters, I just noticed since I had only heard on XM.



Taking Back Sunday – A Decade Under the Influence
I hear that you need to see this band live. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”



Houses – Soak It Up
I had never heard of the term “chillwave”; now that I have, it is definitely appropriate to apply to Houses. When I first heard this song, I thought it reminded me a little of Radiohead and something from The L Word… a weird combo, I know. But it works.



Bravery – Slow Poison
I got turned on to Bravery quite a few years ago, about the same time as Ra Ra Riot and She Wants Revenge. Again, since I listen to XM and don’t watch MTV, I haven’t seen what they look like. And being a girl (and it’s my bloggity blog blog) I’m going to tell you… Damn, the bassist is HOT! Shout out to Mike Hindert, you have some fine genes my musical friend.



Electric Touch – Don’t Stop
I haven’t seen a lot out about this band, but have a feeling they are going to make it on mainstream. I mean, if I like it, then it’s going to go pop. Tooting my own horn; way back in the day I called Coldplay when they were still in small venues in Amsterdam, introduced Green Day to a bunch of Kiwi 7th Formers, and most recently Young the Giant (who kicked ass at the MTV Awards show.) So, I have a feeling Electric Touch is going to be on full rotation on KISS FM soon. And here’s some synergy: they are from Austin and have played with The Bravery. So there.



Amos Lee – Windows Are Rolled Down
I’m late on the bandwagon, but glad to finally be onboard the Amos Lee train. When I hear this, I want to grab the Hubster and go for a wandering drive in the Nova, just headed west into the Texas sunset.

No comments: