Monday, October 10, 2011

Whilst the bougeoius are napping...


Had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I'm leaving for a vacation that has been six years in the making, booked back in April, and off to celebrate love and friendship with the Hubster and The Smiths.

So years later, we are finally going on ridiculously awesome vacation to Nassau, Bahamas. We even have personal butlers. This vacay is EPIC! I've been daydreaming about this for months. Wife Smith is actually going to make it out of the country for the first time. Hub Smith is going to have six days of quiet time with the wife (no little child to entertain.) My Hubs and I have... well, our own plans. :D

I've finally got bags packed, full of Bahamaian wear (swimsuits, sundresses and sunblock) and am so freaking excited that I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

So here's the rub. I had NO IDEA that October would be such a busy month for work. Maybe I should have known, paid much better attention last year on my first few months. I feel like leaving on this amazing experience is putting my colleagues in the lurch. I'm doing my best to get everything buttoned up; but as Murphy's Law would have it, every sh*t that could possibly hit the fan, has in fact, hit the fan. I have no idea what to do. Messy. Ewwwee.

Invariably, I will put undo work on my colleagues. I will be stressed about upcoming items and worry while I am away. I will freak out whether the Boopins are okay and happy. I will FREAK THE FREAK FLAG OUT!

Bueno reminded me that no one will die from our work, we are not brain surgeons, nothing TRULY bad will happen by being away. I'm not a Doctor. There is no REAL emergency. But as I sit here at 10pm wondering how I can make sure that no one is b*tch talking about me and cursing me while I am away (though that will happen anyway, am sure) I just don't want to be the burden. The one who leaves things hanging. That's not me. I'm too Type A for that.



No comments: