Thursday, July 14, 2011

Belated Workout Wednesday Report

Mixed results this past week. Amazon Amy kicked my butt into gear on Saturday morning. There was one exercise where my legs were locked into the bench at a 45 degree angle, I’m holding my upper body up and twisting to the side, then throwing a 12 pound medicine ball on the ground and catching it on its way up. Then switch to the other side. I hope I’m explaining this well, it was intense and I barely made it through three repetitions of eight each.


On Sunday, I rested.

Then another sweaty Monday evening workout with Amy.

Tuesday, I walk/jogged for 40 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the stair-climber. I tried to channel my inner Jedi and mind-trick myself into climbing longer, but I just couldn’t. That machine is the devil.

Wednesday I was in a really foul mood. I woke up grumpy and it carried throughout my day, I haven’t really shaken it off yet (though I am wearing very bright colors and jingly bracelets to confuse my mind into thinking that I am actually happy.) I ate a sourdough turkey/swiss sammich for lunch (with lemon water!) It pretty much canceled out the workout the night before. And since my afternoon had no resolution for my attitude, I decided that I didn’t want to go to the gym. I went home where X had bubbled me up a bubble bath, drank some wine, watched Looney Tunes cartoons from the 70s and ate shrimp alfredo. Yes, I’m serious. I ate an entire bowl of shrimp pasta alfredo from Joes. It was delicious. I should feel guilty, but I don’t.

So MUST get to the gym tonight. Salad and chicken breast for dinner. Think healthy... think healthy... maybe hit the punching bags a few times to see if I can get rid of some of this bad juju.

No comments: