Sunday, May 8, 2011

FINALS! Ham Sandwich vs. Trampled By Turtles

STOP! I know my three readers and you look at this blog in passing on the weekend. Have you read the previous posts? If not, you're missing out, there's some good stuff in there. Well, not really. But don't want you to be spoiled (even though the finalists are in the blog post title, c'est la vie.)

It's almost one am. Hubster is fighting the good fight against a horde of fast-moving zombies. Boopins at my feet being all cute and fuzzy. Tummeh is feeling better. I'm counting down the days to St Thomas and those clear, blue waters. Almost out of liquor (damn you Texas and your Blue Laws.) *drink* Aaaaand, I'm officially out. Might have a few Coronitas in the fridge... hold please.

One and a half Coronitas later (I'm a klutz, the boops got some beer on the floor) and I'm ready for the final decision.

What started as a silly idea morphed into a musical exploration. One that, I am proud to say, has introduced me to some really great tracks from bands that I would not have likely found on my own. And I do like me some XMU.

Have my reviews been helpful? Likely the answer is "nein", but I'll take that in stride. Did you enjoy yourself? (I'm talking to you, Adame.) I think you have. Was a portion of this exercise in direct correlation to the Great Eckert Fisticuffs of 2011? Yes. During the duration of this process, was my necklace with the 1947 meteorite stolen from my house? Yes, although I have hope of it turning up somewhere. So there you go.

So who is the winner? (BTW - I'm swaying and a rocking to "Baby's Got Sauce" by G.Love, as it reminds me of the dive bars in San Diego with Cookie and Nellie. I'm eyeballing the 5 fluid ounces of Corona left and thinking that one more can't hurt the old liver.) Aw shucks, it is now time to crown one band the official winner, Best Band Name at 2011 SXSW.

AND THE WINNER IS...

I don't think it will come as much of a surprise, but let the drums roll... The winner of the egotraipsing blog 2011 competition for Best Band Name at 2011 SXSW is... Ham Sandwich. Great and unexpected tunes.

And to sum up (too late) I'm going to post a video by something else unexpected. He's probably a douche. He makes ridiculous faces. But a very high contender for best performances I've seen live (with the caveat that Coldplay at the Mayan in LA doesn't count.) I challenge you to listen to this song in its entirety. Waffles to anyone who can prove that they have.



No comments: