Sunday, January 15, 2012

Not red, but blue

Hubster and I were running around today getting things and I was feeling rather blue. "What's wrong baby?" he asked. I replied, "Well, I feel sort of down in the dumps today. I don't know why, I just do." and then he said something that stuck with me for a while. "You just need a new hobby, that's all."
Hmm. A new hobby. Makes sense, but what? He paints, plays games, works out, restores classic cars, goes to the shooting range, hiking when the weather is nice, jet skiing... He has plenty. But what are mine?
I like to cook, make jewelry, grow herbs and vegis, reading, knitting, gaming... But I don't know what I need to do to perk myself up. I've been working out. I already know how to play an instrument, though I havent practiced in a while. I can sew, but haven't done anything complex beyond a simple baby quilt.
I noted this to Hubs, and he commented that I need a real challenging hobby that will make me feel like I've accomplished something. But what? A language? Learn how to sail? I just don't know.... And that's part of why I feel blue today.

No comments: