Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A request to my IT Department

Greetings,

I previously entered a ticket because my laptop has been overheating – when I open a browser, it will make a WHOOSH noise like a fan is running and it’s overheating, the WHOOSH stays for about a minute or longer. I’m not running massive files or programs, it just happens.

Jen took my laptop and checked it out. But it’s started again. It’s whooshing on and off throughout the day.

Now, my little laptop is beeping at me. Intermittently, for absolutely no reason. Beep. Beep. I’ve rebooted it, I’ve turned off the volume, I’ve made sure that all programs are closed… no change. Beep. Beep. Beep. I’ve cleared my cache and my cookies. This tends to happen when a browser is open, just one and it doesn’t matter what site… it could be google or gilt, doesn’t make a difference. It’s bothering the cube-erhood now and my neighbors are complaining.

It will probably be Murphy’s Law that you will check it out and it will be perfect for you, but when I get it back it will WHOOSH and Beep at me. I’m afraid my laptop is possessed and it hates me. Please help.

G

No comments: