Monday, June 25, 2012

My Office Door



Come on in.
It's not like I have an iffice.
With a door.
And a window.
And sunlight.
And a nice place to put a plant.
A philodendron maybe.
Or a hardy fern.
Come on it.
I mean you're already there.
Looking right at me.
It's not like I have walls.
It's not like I have someplace to hang my college degree or photos of my loved ones.
Or even a calendar.
A calendar would be nice.
With photos of golden retrievers.
Who doesn't like a golden retriever?
Have you ever tried to hang a calendar with push pins?
They fall right out. You find them later in your lunch bag or stuck to your coat.
A coat rack.
It'd be sweet to have a coat rack.
Or even a hook.
On the back of the door.
Sweet Ezekial, I want a door. Then I could tell people about my "open door policy" without it being a sad joke.
I'd close it sometimes.
When I needed to focus.
Or sometimes just to collect myself.
I'd hang holiday deorations on it.
Something nondenominational.
Like a snowman holding a banner that says, "There's no business like snow business."
Or maybe it's half melted, and the banner says, "Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee."
Yeah.
That's it.
That would be the bomb.
- credit to Bailey Lauerman

No comments: