Monday, March 17, 2014

SXSW BBD 2nd Bracket - Cello Fury vs. Landlady

Last competitors before the finals! Cello Fury versus Landlady.

I'd like to note that my friend Ian looks similar to the brunette dude in Cello Fury. Ian is musical, but not of the cello variety. Stealing from wiki, Cello Fury is a chamber music group based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The group consists of Nicole Myers, Simon Cummings, Ben Muñoz and David Throckmorton. They rock strings. My Aunt Nan would not find this offensive. 



And Landlady? They are a hard act to find. Brooklyn guy, Adam Schatz, tends to cover other music in video and with the exception of the vegetable video "Above My Ground". Experimental, free-flowing, jazzy and bizarre. Adam is the maestro of his own world of crazy, which actually makes sense... which is crazy.



After pacing back and forth, I'm awarding this to Landlady. While neither band is my cup of tea, I appreciate the opportunity to explore something new. Cello Fury is classically a better fit, but this is SXSW after all.

No comments: