Friday, March 14, 2014

SXSW BBN 2nd Bracket - Tacocat vs. Royal Teeth

I'm nervous where this one will go. I have been enjoying Royal Teeth and have already downloaded three songs. If Tacocat can make a good argument with their music, then they are still in the running.

A quick reminder about the awesomeness of Royal Teeth.



They tour... A LOT! Founded in Louisiana, they are definitely a pop group for the MTV crowd. (I like pop, sue me.) The female in the band, Nora, reminds me of a red-headed Joanna Page. They don't have a good bio out there, so I have to depend on other resources. Follow them on Twitter @royalteethmusic They're going to appear on American Idol next week, so the 'splody is about to happen for them.

And now... Tacocat.
According to their "hella interesting bio" they like The Ramones, weed, Hondas and feminist sci-fi. Three women and one long-haired dude make up the Washington state group. It's only a matter of time before they are promoted on Portlandia. I dare you to listen to their tunes and not imagine The Go Go's playing in your garage.



Oh Tacocat. You're fun and silly. But the garage-band rawness isn't able to compete against Royal Teeth. Chomp, chomp, chomp goes the Teeth on the Taco. (Not the cat part... that would be gross.)

No comments: