Thursday, March 13, 2014

SXSW BBN R9 - Volcanos on Lo vs. The Unlikely Candidates

Almost done with the first round, let's get to this!

Volcanos on Lo
Rock
"Disappear"
Trying to find this band wasn't easy. They aren't on iTunes. YouTube doesn't quickly recognize them. So I am resorting to recent uploads of performances from SXSW (which is not really fair to the other bands, but it's all I have for reference.) I can't hear the vocalist. The guitars are drowning him out. That said, I don't know if he is all that great and I am missing much? He seems to be song-speaking more than singing. A little experimental. This band is not ready for primetime. With more cohesion, perhaps. Spend more time on the songs and less on your hair.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mYvK-I6CB5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

The Unlikely Candidates
Rock
"Follow My Feet"
Oh s**t, I've heard this song on KXT and I liked it. I should eliminate them. But there are only a handful of bands who start with "U" and none of them have a fun band name for competition.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rvb4lw4a3Y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

The Unlikely Candidates win.

No comments: